Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Are the Threeeeee Amigoooos! HUH!

Tuesday evening was the YM and YW lip sync contest. The bishopric was invited to compete and they decided to do ALL three songs from The Three Amigos. The pictures below are of the bishopric in their costumes (they got the award for the tightest pants) practicing in the RS room at the stake center and of the performace during the show. I wasn't able to take pictures during "My Little Buttercup," because I was off the stage in front of them showing them the dance steps we had made up the night before. So enjoy!

Getting used to his two headed horse.


The Three Amigos singing The Three Amigos.

Alan on the stage, he was getting into it.

I thought they did a pretty good job. They got the award for the cutest, tightest pants and best horses in an act.
Here is Zack's Duty to God Award. I finally remembered to take pictures of it.

This is the other side - the engraving is of Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery receiving the Aaronic Priesthood from John the Baptist.
It is such a nice beautiful medallion. And may I just say how proud I am of Zack doing this. It took him six years and a few months to do it all. Every year was progressively harder, and so I wondered if he was going to make it through.
Wednesday at 12:00 a.m. he also registered for all his college classes. He is taking Basic writing, Micro Applications, Networking, Book of Mormon, Guitar Group Lessons, and Snowboarding. There might be one othere class but I don't remember. I remember when my tuition was about $300 per quarter. Let's just say his is tuition is about six times that. Thank goodness for scholarships!

7 comments:

Anne Adele said...

We love your three amigos. It looks like the evening was much fun. I can't believe they didn't win a better award than tight pants. The hats were awesome. I wish that I could have been there. Did anyone take a video of them? Your Bishopric sounds like they are all really good sports. What were some of the other talents? I'm curious about the little buttercup steps.

Anne Adele said...

Sorry, I left no words of congratulations on Zack's Achievement. The young men have to work hard to get it. It takes six years of hard work and lots of support from parents and leaders. Good work Zack. We are proud of you and your excellent example. One more comment. What do you have to do to get an A in your snowboarding class?

sara said...

The Duty to God Award looks very nice. What an important thing for him to accomplish. The Medallion looks very nice. I agree with AA about the 3 amigos award. I bet they had the best costumes. Did you rent them from the local mariachi band.

Alan and Shelley said...

Yeah, we got the costumes from that bunch up in Squirrel that I thought was a skinwalker. No, they rented them from BYUI. There were many videos taken of all the acts. Thanks for all the congratulations for Zack. I think to get an A you have to be there most the time and you have to demonstrate some skills (like computer hacking and bow-hunting skills). JK a little Napoleon dynamite humor. Its late, I better go to bed.

The Schauerhamers said...

I still can't stop laughing over the three amigos thing. I think that is something that those kids will remember for a long time. I can't wait to watch some video footage. I too am very proud of Zack, as you said it's a rare thing for the boys to get and he should feel proud of himself for being one of the few. I hope that zack does well in his first semester away from home and at the big university of BYU Idaho. He will have a good time and will really enjoy his classes me thinks. I got an A in snowboarding and it wasn't that difficult, what I really liked about the class is that they really did teach you some good techniques to try and practice and they took us on jumps and showed us how to a proper toe grab. I wasn't very good but I was proud of myself for trying. Well.... love the three amigos and the beautiful medallion. See you soon!

Stacy said...

I love it! What a fun activity.
Congrats to Zack! I wish the girls medallion was as nice.

Ryan said...

Shelley; It is fun to see your blog and keep up with what is going on with your family. Congrats on the grandbabies, I love being a grandparent we now have 6 grandkids with two more on the way, Julie's being one of them. I am so excited about that I can hardly stand it. Your pictures of the farm and your house are beautiful and fun to see. Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind me looking at them. Tell Morgan congrats on Leah and on her new baby to come for us. Trenna