That really ticked me off and I said, "I'm not glad I have this room." Anyway, I checked us in, very reluctantly and then we got to our rooms. We were not happy. We left the motel to get to the metro. We had to walk down a very scarey road, cross a very ugly bridge over railroad and metro tracks and then down a hill. So the first picture is of our motel outside.
This picture below is of the outside of union station, our metro stop.
this is walking around the capitol grounds. Beautiful trees, flowers, shrubbery. And the weather was great last night.
This is a picture of Les and the capitol looking south.As we were walking toward the capitol, Dennis tried to cross a street over to the capitol grounds. A policeman stopped him and told him we couldn't go through, because a motorcade was going to be coming through. My ears perked up and I asked the policeman who would be in the motorcade. she very reluctantly told me that it was going to be the Israeli Prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. So we stayed close and got some shots of the motorcade. Cool huh? I don't know which vehicle he was in, but there were two large limos with the flags on them. to start there were about 8 policemen on motorcycles, and then there were about police cars, then some secret service cars, then the limos, then about 4 suburbans full of secret service, then ambulance and more police motorcylces and cars. I didn't take a picture of everything, only where I though Netanyahu would be. Anyway, it was exciting.
This is Josh waiting for the prime minister.
This is me at the botanical gardens. I loved this place.
Les and Josh on the west side of the capitol looking toward the Washington Monument. They are setting up some kind of concert stage for Memorial Day.there are some huge magnolia trees around the capitol. Lizzy is smelling one of the very large blossoms. They are so fragrant.
By the way, we checked out of the ghetto motel and came to a better one across the street and down. We are all happier, and it will be less money too. Much better!
2 comments:
That is such a lovely picture of me at the Metro Station. Are you kidding me. Could it be any worse of me.
I like all of the pictures!! I am glad you told Abay what was up and got out of that ghetto motel. That's great that the place you are in now is less money. So it all worked out. Maybe you whould all go out and buy some Dr. Scholls for your feet. I noticed Leslie was in flip flops, I hope she doesn't have achey feet. I figured those were magnolia trees, they look beautiful and I'm sure, with a flwoer that big, they are very fragrant. I would have loved to go to that botanical gardens place, there was one in Albuerquerque and Iloved it. Are you getting the whole Metro thing down or did you leave Lizzy in the ghetto "accidentally"? Just wondering, keep the posts coming, I"m thoroughly enjoying them!
Post a Comment