Saturday, April 12, 2008

In Need of Some Table Setting Opinions

Tuesday night is an etiquette dinner for the YM and YW in our ward. It is supposed to be a very nice night and a very tasty meal. I have been asked to bring down place settings of china for six and to set a table with dishes, crystal and flatware and a centerpiece. Since I have four different china patterns at my house, I can't decide which pattern I like best for the night. I like them all and think they’re all very pretty. Help me decide which one to use by leaving a comment. Thank you.
This is china from Alan's grandmother. She gave it to me, but you know I already had my own and so I've boxed it up and put it in the basement for Zack if he wants it. This china is called Phoenix. You could say it is kind of Harry Potterish. These are my Franciscan Apple dishes. I only have plates and goblets. So I wouldn't be able to set even a salad plate. But they are nice, aren't they?

This is Morgan's Spode called "Chelsea Garden." It is so beautiful. Again, this china came from her great-grandmother. She has eight place settings, maybe ten. I can't remember.

This is my Lenox china called "Lacepoint." The pattern is real small so you may not be able to see it very well. It has gray, pink and green with a platinum edge. Beautiful green Lenox goblets go with it. Don't you like Mom's silverware with each pattern?
I thought you would like to see the beautiful pinkish linen tablecloth up close. It has never been used on a table, and I know this because it still has the sticker on it. It was upstairs tucked away in a drawer.
Thanks for helping.

8 comments:

Banner Fauver said...

wow, those are really nice tea sets.

Stacy said...

Josh thinks option 4, he thinks it is more masculine.
I like the last one also, and option 3 would be my second choice.
They are all beautiful though!
We did an etiquette dinner last year for our youth. We cooked all this food and served it to them and had the woman who ran the Inn at Temple Square come and give them pointers. They hardly touched the food but did well with the etiquette.

Snelders said...

My vote is for option #3 - I'm a sucker for G.G.'s china! I also really like option #4, that would be my second choice. I was asked to do this same thing for the YW/YM in my ward in Pocatello a couple of years ago. I took one of my sets from G.G. and then I had to give a talk on proper dining etiquette. I had to do a bit of studying for that one! It was a fun night though.

sara said...

I am thinking #3. I like the looks of it. It really is a hard choice with all of your options. They are all so beautiful. Good Luck.

liz and dennis said...

you could hardly go wrong whichever one you chose. they are all beautiful. i like #1 because it looks old fashioned and grandmotherly and i like the colors. morgans spode is quite lovely and delicate, perhaps too delicate for your purpose. i have always liked your lenox china so much and also your franciscan has good memories. i just plain love dishes. how crazy

The Schauerhamers said...

I think I will have to go with number 3. I have always been partial to that china. Good thing it's mine! My second choice would be the third one. It may seem a little more modern and the kids might appreciate it more? I don't know. Maybe not. I'm sure there are things in that house with many a tags because they have never been used. :)

The Schauerhamers said...

Andrew says that he likes the apple one. by the way nice arrangement of the table runner ;)

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

My vote is for options #3, then #1. I really like them all though! All the table settings look very nice!